Mergers and acquisitions are a multi-step process that requires professionals to spend a lot of time and effort while keeping data confidential. But today’s technology is ready to help you collect and manage your data in one centralized location, all without worrying about security threats. One tool that can provide you with this is virtual data rooms for M&A. In this article, we’ll explain exactly how VDRs help during mergers and acquisitions.
What is a due diligence data room?
Virtual data rooms for due diligence and M&A transactions are an online space to store and share important confidential business data that is required to evaluate and move forward with the transaction. VDR helps speed up the document search and review process and uses robust security techniques.
Its contribution simplifies the work of your third party and your own, automates many processes, and makes them more efficient.
VDRs were originally designed to make the merger and acquisition process smoother, the program also reduces your administrative costs and saves time.
The data room now focuses on advanced settings that will help you every step of the way in the deal process.
Key benefits of the due diligence data room for M&A
Each VDR vendor provides its own unique set of features, but in this data room reviews, we will describe the common features of these M&A software programs and what features they can provide us.
Data security and access
An M&A transaction requires that various sensitive data, such as legal or financial reports, employee information, intellectual property, etc., be made available to unauthorized parties. VDR developers understand this and make every effort to create maximum protection:
- Providing the best international security compliance certificate
- Two Factor Authentication – protects against unauthorized login and requires additional verification of identity
- Customizable watermarks – Protect against data leaks, indicate document ownership, and help keep track of the file and interaction with it
- Document encryption and remote shredding – encrypts documents to prevent data leaks and allows you to revoke access from the user at any time
- Access control – the ability to prohibit viewing, copying, printing, uploading, or forwarding a document
Manual search for the documents you need among the enormous amount of other data is very time-consuming. VDR allows you to find the file you need in a second and also saves time while organizing them.
- Drag or Bulk Download function – speeds up file uploads
- Automatic formatting of files into PDF format so you don’t have to do it manually
- Automatic indexing for easy retrieval
- Labels for categorization – helps you organize your files more clearly
- Smart search – lets you find the file you want just by keyword from the document
- Advanced document management features
As an administrator, you have full control over user activity within the program. You set their permissions and can create groups and assign specific roles.
- Partial text visibility settings – the user may not see the whole part of the document or table
- Unlimited number of users
- Access to the activity log – you can see all the activities that the participant did
Ease of use
VDR is completely easy to understand because the developers know that companies don’t have too much time to learn new programs. That’s why VDRs offer:
- A straightforward interface
- Support for all types of devices and operating systems
- The ability to create breakout sessions with live discussions of important issues
- Ask questions to a specific expert and get instant answers